Read Carpenter v. United States, 585 U.S. ____ (2018), located in the “Readings and
To the best of your ability, in your own words, write out write out the Court’s analysis
and rationale for its decision:
1. How did Court interpret the part of the Constitution it based its decision on, and
2. Why did it reach the decision that it did?
3. What is at least one previous decision that the Court relied upon in reaching its
• Length and format requirements for this assignment are more than 1 page, but
not to exceed 2 pages (not including title or reference pages), double spaced, 12
pt. Times New Roman font.
• APA format, including proper legal citation for the case you are writing about.
o Ex: “Gerald Mitchell was convicted of DUI based partly on evidence showing
that his blood-alcohol level was above Wisconsin’s legal limit. Mitchell v.
Wisconsin, 588 U.S. ___ (2019). Mr. Mitchell’s blood was drawn while he
was unconscious. Id. Mr. Mitchell asked the Supreme Court to suppress this
evidence against him claiming that the blood was drawn in violation of his
Fourth Amendment rights. Id.
Instructions: Read Carpenter v. United States, 585 U.S. ____ (2018), located in